Tuesday, June 26

I am mentally DISTRESSED!!

As a matter of fact, I had an exam yesterday and I am still suffering from the after effects of it. Oh well, it was a very long and hard paper, I am just crossing my fingers that I will do well. Oh did I mention how long it was???? There was no time limit to the exam and so I went abit over board, I was in there from 9am to 6.30pm. Well I thought it was going to last only 5 hours but I guess nobody actually finished it in 5 hours! (PS. I was not the last one out of the exam hall.. apparently the latest one was about 9.30pm) Guess this exam could be on the guiness book of records for the longest sit down paper ever.....

So you can imagine how LONg it was.. thankfully i brought bread in. And becuase they did not anticipate for it to be so long, there was no lunch break. Our lovely supervisor brought biscuits for us nevertheless...the good old arnotts. It was an interesting experience considering we were the first guinea pigs to try out this format for the honours cohort. Wonder if this beats writing an essay, well I guess it will be the same as an essay considering the fact that i actually wrote about 11-12 pages on the computer. You knwo what i think, I think it is secretly a psych experiments to see how the brain function. Seriously, in the beginning of the exam, we were perky and writing away, by about 3 plus, things got way harder. We were hungry from the lack of lunch, and then our brain start acting slowly, and my sentences were more incoherant than ever. In fact, i don't think I was making much sense of what I was writing at the end of everything but just repeating my point over and over again in different format.

All exams should be like that... no time limits, lunch provided, exercise by walking around is permitted and talking was allowed. I guess cause most of the people in the room had different paper to analyse so it didn't really matter and besides, there was no right or wrong answer to the paper. It was an opinon thing and as long as you state your opinon and justify it, I guess it should be ok. However, the paper was hard to understand or even to read it, therefore I wasn't sure if at the end of everything I actually state my stand and properly justify it. What the heck, they should at least not fail me considering the effort and time I spent in that exam!

Right, now i need to rest from all the mental distress caused last night!

1 comment:

Linus said...

no time limit? gosh.. need a lot of patience to finish in so many hours..